from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Profuse expectoration of putrid matter.
- n. An abnormal pus-containing cavity, usually in a lung, caused by deterioration of tissue.
- n. The pus contained in such a cavity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An abscess cavity in the lungs or any other parenchymal organ.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An abscess cavity in the lungs.
- n. An abscess in any other parenchymatous organ.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In medicine, a cavity in the lung, resulting from a pathological process, and containing pus.
Five homeopathic medicines were used: Lachesis, Natrum muriaticum, Nux vomica, Pulsatilla, and Sepia.
Some examples of remedies commonly used areChamomilla, Nux vomica, Ipecac, andColchicum.
The characteristic floristic elements are Manilkara hexandra, Mimusops elengi, Diospyros ebernum, Strychnos nux-vomica, Eugenia spp.,
When Termite discovers the words vomica, vomit, vomitive, vomitory, vomitorium, vomiturition, and vomitus in the dictionary, she comments that, Page 1,355 has got to be the best page of the dictionary ever.
If, for example, there was no vomica in the lungs; and the business was to attenuate the lymph, what could be more preposterous than to advise the chalk of
We saw the Batoka eating the beans called nju, which are contained in a large square pod; also the pulp between the seeds of nux vomica, and the motsintsela.
To these were added great numbers of the fruit which yields a variety of the nux vomica, from which we derive that virulent poison strychnia.
Either that or the salubrious locality she indwelleth is experiencing a nux vomica famine.
The symptoms more resemble those produced by nux vomica than by any other agent.
Homeopathic flux vomica 30x and/or Planetary formula number 23 Digestive Discomfort is often very effective to relieve morning sickness.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.