from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A brief rehearsal, as of a play or role, performed usually in an early stage of production.
- n. A television rehearsal during which no cameras are used.
- n. A thorough demonstration or explanation that details each step of a process.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pedestrian passageway through the ground floor of a building
- n. a first perfunctory rehearsal of a theatrical production in which actors read their lines from the script and move as directed
- n. the act of walking in order to view something
- n. a thorough explanation (usually accompanied by a demonstration) of each step in a procedure or process
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The 100-minute production provides a high-definition walk-through of the landmark show, in-depth commentary about featured pieces and extra content.
Realtor Lacy Williams, center, attends a walk-through of a house she sold with Jeff Scott of StyleCraft Homes and Carolyn Mustian.
And true to form, Mr. Salett returned from his walk-through with something to show Ms. Marrais: a jerry-rigged castanet clacker, acquired during a drop-in at producer Nick Stumpf's studio, The Love Boat.
His City Museum, in an old shoe warehouse, featured a walk-through whale, jet-plane fuselages and what was billed as the world's largest No. 2 pencil.
Lori Hoffman/Bloomberg Mr. Cain, right, did a walk-through before the debate.
Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg Mr. Huntsman, right, laughed during a walk-through before the debate.
Mr. Ellison can be quick to act, sometimes making a decision after a single walk-through.
As someone "who sits at a computer eight hours a day," she wasn't sold on the walk-through function except for museums that she might not be able to visit personally.
The Google Art Project differs in its combination of a "walk-through" function, letting visitors see how paintings are hung and organized as they move virtually through the collection, with the ability in some cases to see high-resolution images of specific works.
He said it appears to better effect in the gigapixel version, but not so well in the walk-through function.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.