from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of whip; a person or thing that whips.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who whips; especially, an officer who inflicts the penalty of legal whipping.
- n. One who raises coal or merchandise with a tackle from a chip's hold.
- n. A kind of simple willow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See the extract.
- n. One who whips; particularly, an officer who inflicts punishment by legal whipping.
- n. A flagellant.
- n. Something that surpasses or beats all; a “whopper.”
- n. One who raises coals with a whip from a ship's hold: same as coal-whipper.
- n. In spinning, a simple kind of willow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who administers punishment by wielding a switch or whip
whip + -er (Wiktionary)