from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who whispers.
- n. Someone who tells secrets; a gossip.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who whispers.
- n. A tattler; one who tells secrets; a conveyer of intelligence secretly; hence; a backbiter; one who slanders secretly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who whispers, or speaks in a low, soft, rustling voice, or under the breath.
- n. One who tells secrets, or makes secret and mischievous communications; a talebearer; an informer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who speaks in a whisper
Sorry, no etymologies found.