from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Light-colored meat, especially of poultry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The breast portion of poultry.
- n. Meats whose color, either before or after cooking, is considered white as opposed to red, including poultry, seafood, and in some uses, even pork, or alternatively, .
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Food made from milk or eggs, as butter, cheese, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See white meat, under white.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. meat carved from the breast of a fowl
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.