American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Light-colored meat, especially of poultry.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See white meat, under white.
- n. The breast portion of poultry.
- n. Meats whose color, either before or after cooking, is considered white as opposed to red, including poultry, seafood, and in some uses, even pork, or alternatively, .
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Food made from milk or eggs, as butter, cheese, etc.
- n. meat carved from the breast of a fowl
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘white meat’.
The bad news: There are possibly tens of thousands of colour collocations in English. The good news is that the pictures retrieved by Wordnik from flickr will probably match the terms this time.
List title totally stolen from she. Right, the stock entry for this list should be a two-word phrase where one of the words denotes a colour; even better if the expression has some metaphoric value...
Words and short phrases with colour names in them
Looking for tweets for white meat.