from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of whiz.
- v. Alternative spelling of whiz.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make a humming or hissing sound, like that of an arrow or ball flying through the air.
- To move, rush, or fly with a sibilant humming sound.
- n. A sound between hissing and humming; a sibilant or whistling hum, such as that made by the rapid flight of an arrow, a bullet, or other missile through the air.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make a soft swishing sound
- v. move along very quickly
- n. someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
Sorry, no etymologies found.