from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A violent gust of cold wind blowing seaward from a mountainous coast, especially in the Straits of Magellan.
- n. A sudden gust of wind; a squall.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a strong gust of cold wind
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A whirlwind, or whirlwind squall, encountered in the Straits of Magellan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sudden, violent squall of wind. Also spelled willywaw.
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)