from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Archaic A past participle of writhe.
- adj. Twisted; contorted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having been worked or prepared somehow.
- v. Past participle of work
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a twisted distorted from.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Obsolete or archaic past participle of writhe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. twisted (especially as in pain or struggle)
Archaic past participle of work. (Wiktionary)