American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of several large marine game fishes of the genus Seriola, having a yellow or yellowish tail, such as S. dorsalis, of coastal waters of southern California and Mexico.
- n. Any of several other fishes having a yellowish tail, as the silver perch.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fish, Ocyurus chrysurus, belonging to the family Lutianidæ, and found from Florida to Brazil.
- n. In Victoria and New South Wales, Trachurus declivis, a species slightly different from the horse-mackerel of Europe.
- n. An earthworm yellow about the tail.
- n. One of various fishes. A carangoid fish of the genus Seriola, as S. dorsalis. See cut under
- n. A fish native to the northwest Pacific, often used in sushi.
- n. Any of various fish, see Wikipedia
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Any one of several species of marine carangoid fishes of the genus Seriola; especially, the large California species (Seriola dorsalis) which sometimes weighs thirty or forty pounds, and is highly esteemed as a food fish; -- called also
cavasina, and white salmon.
- n. The mademoiselle, or silver perch.
- n. The menhaden.
- n. The runner, 12.
- n. A California rockfish (Sebastodes flavidus).
- n. The sailor's choice (Diplodus rhomboides).
- n. game fish of southern California and Mexico having a yellow tail fin
- n. superior food fish of the tropical Atlantic and Caribbean with broad yellow stripe along the sides and on the tail
“But work with me here - it does use red pepper powder, and technically yellowtail is mostly found in Baja California (at least in North America), which is part of Mexico!”
“And as I mentioned in my Yellowtail Nigiri  post, yellowtail is actually a type of jack fish, so this being called a “Jack Fish Roll” actually makes a lot of sense.”
“The yellowtail is a super duper powerful swimmer and has a very aerodynamic … er … aquadynamic?”
“A little background information about yellowtail: A lot of people think that yellowtail is a type of tuna.”
“And as I mentioned in my Yellowtail Nigiri post, yellowtail is actually a type of jack fish, so this being called a “Jack Fish Roll” actually makes a lot of sense.”
“Yellowtail: 260G The name yellowtail is actually used for a number of fish.”
“YELLOWTAIL: 260G Level 1, Size 30 The name yellowtail is actually used for a number of fish.”
“SavoryTV - You’re welcome, and I agree - yellowtail is quite delicious.”
“The cold and hot Asian tapas menus include bites such as crispy calamari (65 Hong Kong dollars, or about US$8), dungeness crab fritter (HK$75) and a dish called "yellowtail jalapeno" (HK$105), which comes with papaya relish, kaffir lime and cilantro.”
“But the yellowtail was the best yellowtail sushi I've ever had.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘yellowtail’.
Compound adjectives - based on the FAO ASFIS list of waterborne species.
lots and lots of fish, a piscatorial
Looking for tweets for yellowtail.