from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The nominal leader of Oceania in George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four.
- proper n. By extension, a disparaging name for government surveillance considered to be too intrusive.
- proper n. Any omnipresent figurehead representing oppressive control
- proper n. Unwarranted, invasive, and discreet surveillance, especially of a people by its government
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an authoritarian leader and invader of privacy
- n. an older brother
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.