from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of northern Mexico south of Ciudad Juárez. It is the rail and commercial center for the vast northern section of the country. Population: 749,000.
- n. A very small dog of a breed originating in Mexico, having pointed ears and a smooth coat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A desert state in northwestern Mexico.
- n. The capital city of the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
- n. Alternative spelling of chihuahua. (the dog breed)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an old breed of tiny short-coated dogs with protruding eyes, originating in Mexico, believed to antedate Aztec civilization.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in northern Mexico in the state of Chihuahua; commercial center of northern Mexico
- n. an old breed of tiny short-haired dog with protruding eyes from Mexico held to antedate Aztec civilization
- n. a state in northern Mexico; mostly high plateau
Miami chihuahua Conchita inherits millions IT IS anything but a dog's life for Conchita, a beloved Chihuahua whose eccentric owner bequeathed her a $US3 million ($3.43 million) trust fund - a move now being contested by the late heiress 'only son.
BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA, PG A luxury-loving little dog (voice of Drew Barrymore), lost in Mexico, must rely on a rough-and-ready Chihuahua (voice of George Lopez) to help her find her way home to Beverly Hills. (85 minutes)
These two routes can be combined into a natural circular route, especially for those arriving in Chihuahua from the north.
Everything in Chihuahua is extreme: the magnificent scenery, the soaring mountains, the sheer cliffs, the plunging canyons, the cascading waterfalls, and the forbidding deserts.
A child in Chihuahua is being prevented from attending school because his mother is HIV+.
Mata Ortiz in Chihuahua is famous for ceramics, based loosely on the pots dug out of archeological sites near Paquime.
The Copper Gorge in Chihuahua is a perfect example.
24, 1888 By decree, the city formerly known as Paso del Norte in Chihuahua is renamed Ciudad Juárez, in honor of Benito Juárez.
I found one in Chihuahua which is much closer to me since I live in Oklahoma.
Chihuahua is a land of magnificent scenery — mountains, canyons, deserts and fresh, clean, clear air.