from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A maiden who was originally a statue carved by Pygmalion and who was brought to life by Aphrodite in answer to the sculptor's pleas.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In zoology, a name variously applied.
- noun [lowercase] A cotton material, striped blue and white.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A kind of striped cotton fabric, usually of superior quality and striped with blue or red on white.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun (Greek mythology) a maiden who was first a sculpture created by Pygmalion and was brought to life by Aphrodite in answer to Pygmalion's prayers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.