from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In anatomy, the anterior or superior bone of the pelvic arch, commonly ankylosed with the ischium and pubis at the acetabulum, and then forming a part of the os innominatum or haunch-bone, and effecting the principal or only articulation of the pelvic arch with the vertebral column, especially with the sacrum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Anat.) The dorsal one of the three principal bones comprising either lateral half of the pelvis; the dorsal or upper part of the hip bone. See Innominate bone, under
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- proper noun another name of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the upper and widest of the three bones making up the hipbone
- noun an ancient city in Asia Minor that was the site of the Trojan War
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Ancient Greek Ἴλιον (Ilion).
Sorry, no example sentences found.