from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A constellation in the Northern Hemisphere near Cancer and Virgo, containing the bright stars Regulus and Denebola.
- n. The fifth sign of the zodiac in astrology.
- n. One who is born under this sign.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name, borne by numerous saints and 13 popes.
- proper n. : A constellation of the zodiac, shaped approximately like a lion and containing the bright star Regulus.
- proper n. : The zodiac sign for the Lion, ruled by the Sun and covering July 23 - August 22 (tropical astrology) or August 16 - September 15 (sidereal astrology).
- n. Someone with a Leo star sign
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The Lion, the fifth sign of the zodiac, marked thus [♌] in almanacs.
- n. A northern constellation east of Cancer, containing the bright star Regulus at the end of the handle of the Sickle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In astronomy, an ancient zodiacal constellation, the Lion, containing Regulus, a star of magnitude 1½, and two stars of the second magnitude.
- n. In zoology, the technical specific name of the lion, Felis leo, sometimes taken as a generic name , when the animal is called Leo africanus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo
- n. (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Leo
- n. the fifth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about July 23 to August 22
LEO: Everything you do says: For God's sakes, Leo.
Juan Carlos Oviedo, seen here closing a game for the Marlins under the name Leo Nunez, remains in the Dominican Republic after admitting falsifying documents.
But he said he used the name Leo with a different surname so people did not realise who he was.
The only choice open to Leo is to try to make amends, no matter how impossible that task might seem.
Confronting the Leo is always a mistake for any would-be tax Gestapo.
Usually, the Leo is at the crisis point of the slow down.
Real Madrid has signed a 7-year-old soccer prodigy from Argentina who goes by the name Leo - just like Lionel Messi.
Coira told the Argentine sports daily Ole last week that his idol is Messi, the Barcelona forward who is also Argentine and goes by the name Leo.
AP Real Madrid has signed the 7-year-old soccer prodigy Leonel Angel Coira from Argentina, who goes by the name Leo, just like Lionel Messi.
Real Madrid has signed the 7-year-old soccer prodigy Leonel Angel Coira from Argentina, who goes by the name Leo, just like Lionel Messi.