from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Lava having a rough surface.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- always afloat
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. acronym for associate in arts, a college degree granted for successful completion of a two-year course of study in arts or general topics.
- n. Alcoholics Anonymous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In recipes, an abbreviation equivalent, when used after the names of several ingredients, to ‘of each one take.’
- n. A form of cooled lava-stream of which the surface consists of jagged and irregular blocks.
- n. An abbreviation of Assistant Adjutant-General.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an international organization that provides a support group for persons trying to overcome alcoholism
- n. an associate degree in arts
- n. a dry form of lava resembling clinkers
Well, in Norwegian aa - å, and is sorted last, while in English aa are just double a and comes before ab.
The three companies of the 16th Battalion camped in aa triangular formation with battalion headquarters located in the center and approximately 10 minutes 'walk from each company.
Worse, with more than two copies of some genes, each as likely as the next to have SNPs, some of those no doubt resulting in aa substitutions, a few of which may present alternative binding functionality in configurative operation, any or all modifiable post-translation, each coordinated with potentially operative expression suites with a number of other genes with other forms and functions, it doesn't look much like we'll ever be able to pin all THAT down either.
We'll post the attributes of an invalid user with screen name aa/noyes and email address anoyes@example, com.
Then shall we be worthy of bearing the same name aa those heroes who planted their victorious standards on the banks of the river Jordan, with the same hands with which they guided tiie plough aod, the shuttle.
nenu ralchina chemata chukkala avirera/ aa akasaniko neelibottuni diddindee….
To get a sense of language patterns of the era, Dr. Smithline studied the 80,000 letter-characters contained in Jefferson's State of the Union addresses, and counted the frequency of occurrences of "aa," "ab," "ac," through "zz."
Nobody showcases a word with an "aa" like Schlemihl Lefty.
The "aa" means that you hold the vowel sound for two beats as opposed to one.
In English transcription, the long fatHa form is written as "aa," such as in kitaab (kee-taab; book) or baab (bahb; door).