from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Thought out; considered. Often used in combination: well-advised; ill-advised.
- adj. Informed: Keep me advised of further developments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Considered or thought out; resulting from deliberation.
- adj. Informed, appraised or made aware.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of advise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Carefully thought out; likely to be the best course; -- said of actions. Often used in combination.
- adj. Having received information.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Cautious; prudent; acting with deliberation.
- Marked by or resulting from advice or deliberation; considerate or considered; prudent; expedient: now used chiefly in composition with well or ill: as, a well-advised movement; your conduct is very ill-advised.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having received information
- adj. having the benefit of careful prior consideration or counsel
Sorry, no etymologies found.
_I have advised, _ _I have been (was) advised_, etc.
He therefore advised -- no, not _advised_; for with some minds if you _advise_ you are not listened to, if you command you are obeyed -- he commanded that his patient should have his madeira always decanted into the curious beaker, for certain galvanic advantages that every knowing porter-drinker is aware of: Erasmus emptied a decanter of madeira into the beaker to show that it held more than a quart.
Cannot arranging member licensed, he / she term advised the a, in and price.
When Palin advised O'Donnell to "speak through Fox News," she was talking about that network's function as a mouthpiece for right-wing candidates.
Ben Franklin advised young men to seek out older experience women for sexual relief.
Hardin advised Clemens not to say anything that would show you are trying to influence a federal witness.
It is past time, Admiral McCain advised, for American units in Vietnam to overhaul their mission: the goal of the military effort in Vietnam should be to protect Vietnamese civilians from Communist insurgents, he wrote, rather than merely to hunt guerrillas in the countryside and then withdraw to the safety of permanent bases.
However we were not retired at that time and were advised from the get-go ... not to invest more than we were prepared to lose in real estate.
Anyone else with this problem, Virgin advised me the company is called Mobizar and when looking up on the internet, it would appear this company has traded under different names; Mobizar, Tanla Mobile, Aggregate, Helio Taps.
Stone said her record label advised her to stick to the US afterwards: “They said don’t do anything in the UK because everybody hates you.