from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Possessing, displaying, or based on reliable information: informed sources; an informed opinion.
- adj. Knowledgeable; educated: the informed consumer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. unformed or ill-formed; deformed; shapeless
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of inform.
- adj. Instructed, having knowledge of a fact or area of education.
- adj. Based on knowledge; founded on due understanding of a situation.
- adj. Created, given form.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Unformed or ill-formed; deformed; shapeless.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Formed; animated; actuated.
- Unformed; formless; shapeless.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having much knowledge or education
If they aren't fully informed of their options, then it isn't * informed* consent.
Doesn't informed consent imply that the patient was actually * informed* of all the relevant, reasonable, and legal treatment options before they gave their * consent* to receive, or not receive, a particular treatment?
I once found a fantastic designer dress, which the label informed me was...
And this is Kasia, which I'm reliably informed is Polish for `Kitty.'
Esotype Records helped Clairmont put out an EP titled "The Dweller," but as the band set forth plans for recording its second album, the label informed the members that they were going to have to postpone the recording of the album for an indefinite length of time.
The semiofficial Mehr News Agency, quoting what it called informed sources, said it was "more than likely that the president will announce that the Fordo enrichment facility has become fully operational."
Kuwait: Shareholders of Kuwaiti telecoms firm Zain, which is selling most of its African assets to India's Bharti Airtel, have received offers to sell a majority stake in the group, a newspaper reported on Sunday. al-Rai, citing what it called informed sources, did not identify the bidders.
Kuwaiti daily al-Rai, citing what it called informed sources, did not identify the bidders.
Citing what it called informed sources, the newspaper said the expulsion followed the diplomat's visit to the city of Ifrane, 130 km 80 miles south-west of the capital.
King Abdullah told Obama during his visit to Riyadh last week that Arab patience was wearing thin and that a solution of the Arab-Israeli conflict would be the "magic key" to all issues in the region, al-Hayat said, quoting what it called informed sources.