from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a particular or specified size. Often used in combination: a medium-sized car; an average-sized house.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a certain size. Usually used in combination with an adverb
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of size.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Adjusted according to size.
- adj. Having a particular size or magnitude; -- chiefly used in compounds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a particular size, magnitude, extent, proportions, etc.: occurring usually in compounds: as, fair sized, middle-sized, etc.
- Having size: in its composition; covered or washed with size.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a specified size
- adj. having the surface treated or coated with sizing
They take a minute amount of bad things and blow them up to mountain sized proportions.
I have been recently down sized from a mining company and my wife is a teacher who has taken a sabbatical.
His eyes followed the ever changing pin sized patchwork as he considered how small they were from this great height ... how impersonal ... how unaware.
They are these tiny little plastic beads (think a little bigger than the head of a pin, seriously) that kids put onto tiny pin sized pegs to make patterns.
I was talking to an inspector for the DNR and she said a farmer had a pin sized hole in a sump pump hose that he was using to pump water out of a local river.
The ideal way to make multi-layered cupcakes is to have a cupcake tin sized smaller than the base cupcake.
That empty room save for the twin sized mattress on the floor as well as the missing sofa in my sitting room, the ugly, uncomfortable green chair in the family room and the dining room table are evidence that the Big Top is a wee bit emptier today.
Chrysalis previews their WiFi Seeker, a keychain sized device for instant Wi-Fi signal finding: Chrysalis sent me a demo unit of its just-unveiled WiFi Seeker, which they designed to differentiate 80211b/g networks from other devices.
A movie, either big screen or TV sized, is possibly in the works.
In the atmosphere we find turbulent flow of all sized from the tiniest whirl of dust to hurricanes.