from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See Table at currency.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A monetary currency being used in Afghanistan, divided into 100 pul.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a native or inhabitant of Afghanistan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan and Pakistan; the official language of Afghanistan
- n. the basic unit of money in Afghanistan
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Afghanistan or its people
They carry big wads of the local currency, called the afghani, in 1,000 and 10,000 denominations.
If they were arguing over 10 afghani, they'd spend 500 afghani fighting over it.
March 27th, 2010 at 12: 12 pm do they have many afghani wedding celebrations in downtown Richmond? cava says:
In response to bobschacht @ 8 what “achievable goals” are those? will they make us or the afghani people safer? how much will it cost? is it worth it?
The animal is probably walking around in broad daylight and I am sure all the pakistanis and afghani people know where he is. it not that hard!!! totally neutral
Yeah, and we leave and the afghani women and children die most brutally.
Someone mentioned it might as well have been an afghani election given the amount of baksheesh that changed hands allegedly.
At the 7% that Azizi pays on afghani-denominated accounts, money should double in a little less than 10 years.
“I bought some tools for 40 afghani at the bazaar in Lashkar Gah,” said Khan Mohammad, from Marja district.
We cannot live on a salary of 3,000 afghani [60 dollars] a month.