from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An infection or disease caused by fungi of the genus Aspergillus.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A morbid condition resulting from the presence in the ear, sometimes in the lungs, of certain forms of
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun medicine Any of various
infectionsby fungiof the genus Aspergillusthat cause granulomatous lesions
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun severe respiratory disease of birds that takes the form of an acute rapidly fatal pneumonia in young chickens and turkeys
- noun an opportunistic infection by a fungus of the genus Aspergillus; characterized by inflammation and lesions of the ear and other organs
- noun disease especially in agricultural workers caused by inhalation of Aspergillus spores causing lumps in skin and ears and respiratory organs
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[aspergill(us) + –osis.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.