from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The second letter of the Hebrew alphabet. See Table at alphabet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. ב (second letter of the Aramaic and Hebrew alphabet)
- n. 𐤁 (second letter of the Phoenician abjad)
- n. ܒ (second letter of the Syriac abjad)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the 2nd letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Be ye.
- n. The second letter () of the Hebrew alphabet, corresponding to the English B. Its numerical value is II.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the 2nd letter of the Hebrew alphabet
After this, that same day a year, when he was thirty-one year old and thirteen days, he turned water into wine, and therefore it is called Bethania, said of beth, that is to say an house, and phanes, that is apparition.
These sacred stones were termed beth-els, _bætyli_ as the Greeks wrote the word, and they form a distinguishing characteristic of Semitic faith.
I will certainly be checking out that website!! beth aka confusedhomemaker said:
Thanks for the reminder … you are one fantastic gal. beth aka confusedhomemaker said:
In my book, ALL of the men and women in the military are winners including their families at home. beth aka confusedhomemaker said:
Photos just can't capture the beauty, though your adjustments made quite a remarkable improvement. beth aka confusedhomemaker said:
I want to put that tomato soup in my belly, NOW! beth aka confusedhomemaker said:
I'm just telling ya I love mismatched flatware with my mismatched blue and white dinnerware … … … the table always looks fantabulous. .not just for company but for us everyday. beth aka confusedhomemaker said:
Happy thanksgiving to all. beth aka confusedhomemaker said:
She is beautiful!! beth aka confusedhomemaker said: