from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A small, exquisitely wrought trinket.
- adjective Small and elegant.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun . A jewel; specifically, a jewel of gold richly wrought in the metal itself without the aid of precious stones. See
- noun Hence2. An object of beauty of small size; something delicately pretty; any relatively small charming object.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A trinket; a jewel; -- a word applied to anything small and of elegant workmanship.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a piece of
jewelry, a trinket
- noun a small intricately made metalworking
- adjective of a residence small and elegant
intricate; finely made
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a small and delicately worked piece
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French, from Breton bizou, jeweled ring, from biz, finger.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From French bijou
Sorry, no example sentences found.