from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An ornament worn on or pendent from the ear, especially the earlobe. Also called regionally earbob.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece of jewelry worn on the ear.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An ornament consisting of a ring passed through the lobe of the ear, with or without a pendant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A ring or other ornament, usually of gold or silver, and with or without precious stones, worn at the ear, the usual means of attachment being the ring itself, or a hook or projection which forms a part of it, passing through the lobe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. jewelry to ornament the ear; usually clipped to the earlobe or fastened through a hole in the lobe
The story of a can turning into a girl, needing to be infused with carbon dioxide from kissing to survive, then turns back into a can when her tab earring is pressed.
People have come up with a variety of no-pierce earrings like the clip-on earrings for those who do not wish to have their ears pierced, and the clip-on earring is the oldest form of no-pierce earrings.
One of them could be Daryl Hannah's earring from the remake of Attack of the 50-Foot Woman.
It also points up the earring, which is important as a symbol because it represents the world Griet gets drawn into and ultimately rejected from.
After all, the earring is a piece of costume zirconium, a prop. He smiles, the gold caps on his front teeth flashing the initials MP.
They all knew that the earring is a choice possession.
Although he said it does not pose quite as big a problem as it did in the past, for men with earrings who are "trying to secure a first job or an entry level position in some fields, the earring could be a determining factor that would preclude the individual from obtaining that job."
It's only after a few steps back that one notices the earring is a chain tethered to another character and the title reads "Domestic Violence."
Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart look adorable, especially when he helps her with some kind of earring/hair/wardrobe malfunction.
By this time, I did not know what the word, "hot dog" meant, or "earring" or