from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Stolen metal of any kind.
- noun A small metal bludgeon that may be carried in the pocket; hence, a policeman's club.
- noun A slubbing-machine. See
- noun A tin can or pail with an arched handle and a detachable lid, used by bushmen in Australia as a kettle.
- noun A comrade; a companion; a brother in arms, trade, and the like; a fellow; a young man.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A club; esp., a policeman's club. Also called
- noun (Wool Manuf.) A slubbing or roving machine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
- noun A
- noun Geordie A good
- noun Australia, New Zealand A
tinused by bushmento boil tea, a billypot.
- noun UK, Australia A
- noun slang A condom (From the E-Rotic song "Willy, Use A Billy...Boy")
- noun A
slubbingor roving machine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a short stout club used primarily by policemen
- noun male goat
Sorry, no etymologies found.
We were told earlier today that firefighters are cutting what they call billy goat lines.
April 30th, 2008 11: 51 am ET hill billy is a lier and a thief. stop her before she steals all your money. vote sensibly. vote Obama 08, 12
Course in billy's case, he probably ENJOYS exposin 'himself!!
They'd left me the plum-duff, which was hanging in its billy from a bough.
Don't walk on the cracks in the road Oh that is me being a silly billy (Can I call billy silly? or will that offend?)
Called billy bob thornton, who could no longer hide behind One Who Knows from Canada writes: s. truszkowski from toronto, Canada writes: billy wants some space from his acting career as he expresses his musical aspirations so it is a fine and good thing his band is often referred to as billy bob thorton and the boxmasters. that the upcoming album from the boxmasters is called 'modbilly' is also some sort of cosmic coincidence and has nothing to do with using fame garnered in hollywood to push a marketing agenda in the music world. further, that an opening band for willie nelson, and not willie himself, would be subject to a relatively high profile interview suggests questionable judgement by the cbc on the basis of something deeper than mediocre music.
It seemed to me that if I could make him angry he would do better, so I knocked off his hat, which was black and hard, of the kind which is called billy-cock.
I should, perhaps, explain to English readers that a billy is a tin can, the name for which
He was charged with one count of possessing a deadly weapon, described as a billy club, and two counts of possessing assault weapons.
Swag is an Australian term for a bedroll, and a billy is a pot or can with a wire handle used to boil water or cook food in.