from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An alley or passage that is closed at one end.
- n. A mistaken, unproductive undertaking.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Used other than as an idiom: see blind, alley. A street or passageway that leads nowhere.
- n. A course of inquiry that leads nowhere.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. an alley closed at one end; a cul-de-sac.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a street with only one way in or out
- n. (figurative) a course of action that is unproductive and offers no hope of improvement
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.