from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An alley or passage that is closed at one end.
- noun A mistaken, unproductive undertaking.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Used other than as an idiom: see
blind, alley. A streetor passageway that leads nowhere.
- noun figuratively A course of inquiry that leads nowhere.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a street with only one way in or out
- noun (figurative) a course of action that is unproductive and offers no hope of improvement
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.