from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A person with refined taste, especially one who enjoys superb food and drink.
from The Century Dictionary.
- A generous liver; a jovial companion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- A good fellow; a jovial companion; a free liver.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a person who enjoys the good things in life, especially good food and drink; a
man about town
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a person devoted to refined sensuous enjoyment (especially good food and drink)
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French : bon, good + vivant, present participle of vivre, to live.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
French bon vivant (literally "one who lives well, good ‘liver’ (living person)"), from bon ("good") + vivant ("person who is living"), agent noun of vivre ("to live").
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.