from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Used other than as an idiom. To
transportover by carrying.
- verb transitive, idiomatic To
transfer(something) to a later point in time.
- verb To
inherit, to inspire
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb transport from one place or state to another
- verb hold over goods to be sold for the next season
- verb transfer from one time period to the next
- verb transfer or persist from one stage or sphere of activity to another
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word carry over.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.