from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A clear soup made of strained meat or vegetable stock, served hot or as a cold jelly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a clear broth made from reduced meat or vegetable stock, served either hot as a soup or chilled as a jelly
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A clear soup or bouillion boiled down so as to be very rich.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A strong, clear soup, containing the nutritive properties of the meat, extracted by long and slow cooking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. clear soup usually of beef or veal or chicken
French, from past participle of consommer, to use up, from Latin cōnsummāre, to finish; see consummate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowed from French. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.