from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A patchwork quilt of pieces of cloth of various shapes, colors, and sizes, sewn together in an irregular pattern.
- noun A disorderly mixture; a hodgepodge.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A quilt or cover for a bed, sofa, etc., made of crazy-work.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A quilt made from
random patches, without any unifying design.
- noun figuratively, by extension An
uncoordinated jumbleof things, ideas, practices, policies, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a patchwork quilt without a design
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.