from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A careful reinspection or reexamination to assure accuracy or proper condition; verification.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An extra check or verification made a second time, usually with additional caution or attention.
- n. A situation in which a king is attacked by two of the opponent's men at once.
- v. To check again; to check with extra caution or attention; to verify or make sure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something that checks the correctness of a previous check
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.