from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • transitive v. To fill with astonishment and perplexity; confound. See Synonyms at surprise.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • v. To confuse and bewilder; to leave speechless.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • v. same as dumfound.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. See dumfound, dumfounder.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • v. be a mystery or bewildering to


dumb + (con)found.
(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.