from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Fit to be eaten, especially by humans: edible roots; an edible mushroom.
- n. Something fit to be eaten; food: edibles such as vegetables and meat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That can be eaten without harm; non-toxic to humans; suitable for consumption.
- adj. That can be eaten without disgust.
- n. Anything edible.
- n. a foodstuff infused with THC usually cannabutter baked good
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fit to be eaten as food; eatable; esculent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Eatable; fit to be eaten as food; esculent: specifically applied to objects which are habitually eaten by man, or specially fit to be eaten, among similar things not fit for eating: as, edible birds'-nests; edible crabs; edible sea-urchins.
- n. Anything that may be eaten for food; an article of food; an eatable; a constituent of a meal: generally in the plural: as, bring forward the edibles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. suitable for use as food
- n. any substance that can be used as food
And carbohydrate is the primary ingredient in the majority of what I call edible products which are highly profitable for a whole array of reasons.
While the company still churns out its classic product, in child-friendly flavors like Bubble Gum, S'mores and Cookies 'n Cream, it has also introduced what it calls an "edible" espresso that can be spooned up like a snack, blended with milk for a shake or melted in a mug in the microwave for a fast cup of coffee.
They just need some Twilight cereal, apple shaped and flavored and covered in edible glitter, Twilight tooth paste that would make your teeth not just white but “razor sharp” etc …
Making our way along the banks of the stream, our asparagus stash growing, we stopped to study the wild flowers: indigo blue muscari* (Marie Françoise tells me she used to dye her doll's clothes with the boiled flowers), mustard yellow "genêt" * (also good for dye and used in edible flower salads), and "fumeterre".
Humans are hard wired to avoid eating things that are colored hues that do not naturally occur in edible substances.
Crushing its seeds provides oil which, besides being edible, is used for making soap; the residue from oil extraction makes nutritious seed cake for cattle.
I also bought a bag of a Chinese candy called White Rabbit (pictured further below), which is kind of like a subtly sweet vanilla Tootsie Roll wrapped in edible rice paper.
The Caesar and Greek salads were served in edible cups made of Parmesan cheese.
David -- Yep, anything edible is a prime candidate for the deep-fat fryer in Texas.
Anything that she has to mix with other ingredients to make into something edible is not a gift.