from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To sweeten (in all senses).
- v. To free from acidity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To render sweet; to sweeten; to free from acidity.
- transitive v. To free from acids, salts, or other soluble substances, by washing; to purify.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To remove acidity from; sweeten.
- In chem., to free from acids, salts, or impurities by washing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make sweeter in taste
Sorry, no etymologies found.