from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Eurasian wheat (Triticum dicoccum) first cultivated by the Babylonians and now widely grown as a cereal grain and as livestock feed. Also called starch wheat, two-grained spelt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A species of wheat, Triticum dicoccum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a hard red wheat (Triticum dicoccum) grown especially in Russia and Germany; also grown in the U. S. as stock feed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A species of wheat, Triticum dicoccum; amel-corn.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hard red wheat grown especially in Russia and Germany; in United States as stock feed
Farro, also known as emmer, is higher in fiber than common wheat with a wonderful chewy and hearty texture.
It is a kind of wheat and it is also sometimes called emmer.
I toast emmer aka farro before cooking it into pilaf; adds even more nuttiness to an already nutty grain.
Farro type of wheat, also called emmer has become one of my favorite grains over the last year and is great in so many dishes.
Prehistoric people would have gazed upon herds of gazelle and other wild animals; gently flowing rivers, which attracted migrating geese and ducks; fruit and nut trees; and rippling fields of wild barley and wild wheat varieties such as emmer and einkorn.
The term farro is broadly used for wheat family members that have a nutty flavor and stout build, including emmer, spelt and einkorn.
They made bread from barley, wheat, and emmer, the ancient strain of wheat better known today as farro.
It takes on Florida Gubernatorial hopeful Rick Scott by insisting that Florida taxpayers paid for his "fraud-fueled, million-dollar fortune" and it mocks Oregon gubernatorial candidate Chris Dudley for moving his residence to Washington during his NBC career to avoid paying higher taxes. emmer
I am living as an individual, though I would love for others to join me! emmer said on May 31st, 2008 at 7: 46 am this is my first time at this site, so what i am reading may be somewhat out of context.
Farro is emmer wheat, an ancient Mediterranean variety said to have been the staff of life of pharaohs and legions.