from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various tropical American deciduous shrubs or trees of the genus Plumeria, having milky sap and showy, fragrant, funnel-shaped, variously colored flowers. Also called temple tree.
- n. A perfume derived from or similar in scent to the flowers of one of these shrubs or trees.
- n. A creamy pastry filling flavored with almonds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several tropical American trees, of the genus Plumeria, having showy, funnel-shaped flowers
- n. A perfume originally obtained from these flowers
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A perfume derived from, or imitating the odor of, the flower of the red jasmine, a West Indian tree of the genus Plumeria.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A perfume prepared from, or imitating the odor of, the flower of a West Indian tree, Plumeria rubra, or red jasmine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various tropical American deciduous shrubs or trees of the genus Plumeria having milky sap and showy fragrant funnel-shaped variously colored flowers
These ganaches also come in other flavours, such as frangipani, lime, vervaine, lavender, blue lotus and tuberose!
In the Crawford Market I had watched the florists at work tearing the blossoms from a kind of frangipani known as the Temple
Use: Related to the frangipani but more drought tolerant, this small shrub is evergreen.
The tropical scent of frangipani and incense wafts throughout the indoor/outdoor living room surrounded by verdant rice paddy fields.
If you check back you will notice I suggested we all start early ‘at that place opposite Avid with the courtyard and the frangipani trees out the back.’
Reminds me of a friend who was asked “What do they mean?” when she put those frangipani stickers on her car a few years back, as if it was some indication of a secret society.
Just a frangipani tree in the courtyard out the back.
Bob - that ensemble would look lovely with a little frangipani behind the ear …
Fifteen-year-old Kambili's world is circumscribed by the high walls and frangipani trees of her family compound.
Related to the frangipani, desert rose is green all year round.