from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to biological reproduction.
- adj. Of or relating to the genitals.
- adj. Of or relating to the final stage of psychosexual development in psychoanalytic theory, beginning in puberty and during which the genitals again become the focus of gratification, and interest develops in relationships with persons of the opposite sex. The genital stage is preceded by the latency period.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to biological reproduction
- adj. of, or relating to the genitalia
- adj. of, or relating to psychosexual development during puberty
- n. the genitalia
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to generation, or to the generative organs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to generation; generative; reproductive; procreative: as, the genital organs.
- Specifically Pertaining to the organs of generation.
- n. See genitals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the external sex organs
Father Ford said that the sperm starts down the brain, it goes into what he called the genital sac, and then it starts tempting.
And subsequently we could identify another one – that was HPV11, which was also in genital warts and laryngeal papillomatosis.
By the early 1980s they found novel viruses in genital warts.
The computer only registered a spike in genital temperatures while subjects watched pornography, and not the other films.
It is sometimes called the genital wart virus as some types of HPV cause genital warts.
The prospect of vibrators and lubricants can seem surreal in a society in which a recent government report found that at least 50% of girls between ages 10 and 18 have undergone genital excision, a procedure that some refer to as genital circumcision, in which part or all of the clitoris is removed.
Female genital surgery, or female circumcision (otherwise known as genital mutilation), was normative among Beta Israel women (Grisaru et al. 1997).
See Announcements for an account of the problems we had in 2000 with a gender dysphoria/transsexual organisation trying to interfere in protocols for 'gender reinforcement' surgery in intersexed infants with so-called genital ambiguity.
The tide is turning against female circumcision - aka genital mutilation - in Egypt by on
And much more work needs to be done to combat rape during wartime and outlaw female circumcision, also know as genital mutilation, women's groups said.