from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or near the anus.
- adj. Psychology Of or relating to the second stage of psychosexual development in psychoanalytic theory, roughly from ages one to three, during which gratification is derived from sensations associated with the anus and defecation. The anal stage is preceded by the oral stage and followed by the phallic stage.
- adj. Psychology Indicating personality traits that originated during toilet training and are distinguished as anal-expulsive or anal-retentive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, related to, intended for or involving the anus
- adj. of the stage in psychosexual development when the child's interest is concentrated on the anal region.
- adj. of a person, obsessed with neatness, accuracy, compulsiveness and stubbornness, supposedly from not having progressed beyond the anal stage.
- n. anal sex
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or situated near, the anus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the anus.
- Situated at or near the anus; aboral: the opposite of oral.
- Ventral and median, as the fin of a fish, without reference to its position with respect to the anus: the opposite of dorsal.
- In zoölogy its abbreviation is adjective
- In mammals, any glandular organ situated near or connected with the anus, such as those existing in the Mustelidæ. They reach their greatest development in the skunks, and their secretion is the cause of the fetid odor of these animals.
- n. In ichthyology, an anal fin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or related to the anus
- adj. a stage in psychosexual development when the child's interest is concentrated on the anal region; fixation at this stage is said to result in orderliness, meanness, stubbornness, compulsiveness, etc.
Asked if he used the phrase "anal intercourse" when he talked to Paterno about the incident, McQueary said, "No, out of respect, I would not have done it."
Asked if he used the phrase "anal intercourse" when he described what he saw to Paterno, McQueary testified he did not: "No, out of respect, I would not have done it."
I’m just sick of the fact that when the term anal sex falls = gay!
Bighorn sheep that do not lick the genitals of other males and engage in anal intercourse become social outcast in their societies … Are they abnormal?
Clearly when those ball playing fellows pat each other on the ass after a play they are indicating their desire to engage in anal intercourse afterward in the lockerroom ….
The parochial school across the street papered over its windows to shield students from signs such as "Semper Fags" and an illustration of two stick figures engaging in anal sex.
We once joked that it should be called "anal" Madison.com because so many requested someone who would be willing to have anal sex.
The larger proportions of those who had engaged in anal sex were not limited to the youngest cohorts.
Another depicted two men engaged in anal intercourse.
They should teach how many people engage in anal sex and oral sex and vaginal sex.