from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The numbers 13 through 19.
- n. The 13th through 19th items in a series or scale, as years of a century or degrees of temperature.
- n. A teenager.
- adj. Teenage.
- n. Archaic Misery; grief.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A teenager, a person between 13 and 19 years old.
- n. Grief, sorrow; suffering.
- v. To excite; to provoke; to vex; to afflict; to injure. - Piers Plowman
- v. To hedge or fence in; to enclose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Grief; sorrow; affiction; pain.
- transitive v. To excite; to provoke; to vex; to affict; to injure.
- transitive v. To hedge or fence in; to inclose.
- n. a teenager.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Grief; sorrow; trouble; ill fortune; harm.
- n. Vexation; anger; hate.
- To grieve; afflict; reflexively, to be vexed.
- To inclose; make a fence round.
- A corruption of teend for tind.
- To allot; bestow.
- A suffix used in the cardinal numerals from thirteen to nineteen, meaning ‘ten,’ and expressing in these numerals ten more than the amount indicated by the initial element.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being of the age 13 through 19
- n. a juvenile between the onset of puberty and maturity
She plays field hockey; watches "mindless" her word teen television favorites
Lance Kerwin, who played the title teen in the 1970s-era series, received credit for time served and was sentenced to five years 'probation for falsifying information on an application to get state-provided medical benefits and food stamps on the island of
We're introduced to the title teen right before he learns he's the son of Poseidon and that he has two weeks to return a lightning bolt he didn't actually steal, lest Zeus start a Godly war (somehow without using the most powerful weapon in the world that was just stolen from him).
Bad decisions are part of what being a teen is about.
# Danon 21 Sep 2009 at 3: 56 pm the teen to adult and adult to teen is too cliche in superhero titles … and far too cheezy. its the typical argument between the hero and the sidekick about who has it rougher … Been there.
In fact, the teen is the background on the cover of Wicked Lovely.
Gord Pladson, who pitched 20 games for the Houston Astros from 1979-82 and coaches against Loewen, says the teen is the real deal.
This means doing things like bringing in teen sensations Miley Cyrus, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner to present.
After the teen is killed, she hears ghostly voices and sees strange visions that cause her to re-examine beliefs she thought she left behind.
Family Research Council President Tony Perkins recently gave an unsympathetic diagnosis for the recent surge in teen suicides caused anti-gay bullying: they resort to extreme measures because they're battling with the internal understanding that homosexuality is, in fact, "abnormal."