from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The cardinal number equal to the sum of 15 + 1.
- noun The 16th in a set or sequence.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Being the sum of six and ten; consisting of one more than fifteen: a cardinal numeral.
- noun Then umber made up of six and ten; four times four.
- noun A symbol representing this number, as 16, or XVI, or xvi.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Six and ten; consisting of six and ten; fifteen and one more.
- noun The number greater by a unit than fifteen; the sum of ten and six; sixteen units or objects.
- noun A symbol representing sixteen units, as 16, or xvi.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The cardinal number occurring after fifteen and before seventeen, represented in Arabic numerals as 16 and in Roman numerals as
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective being one more than fifteen
- noun the cardinal number that is the sum of fifteen and one
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
KIM: Being sixteen is officially the worst thing I have ever been.
Mick Zais did what no Republican has been able to do in sixteen years on Tuesday – capture the S.C. Superintendent of Education office.
Today is the first time in sixteen years that I've watched a presidential inauguration, and I am genuinely glad that I did.
After her astounding success with The Merry Widow, Elsie performed in sixteen more musical comedies, including The Dollar Princess in 1909; as “Franzi” in A Waltz Dream; and as “Angèle” in The Count of Luxembourg, both in 1911.
It matured in sixteen months in that climate, and I was ready, just ready and no more, with the mill for the grinding.
Only one in sixteen child molesters is ever convicted, 85% of abuse is carried out by adults known to the children, and some figures estimate over 80% goes unreported.
Taken together that means that he will set the mission to get out in sixteen months.
Few would expect him to get out in sixteen months and endanger US security just as few would expect him to stay longer if we can get out and endanger the US economy.
He will however listen to the advise of his military staff and if they can not see a way out in sixteen months without being careless then he will modify his directive.
Success has not been limited to this country: she is now published in sixteen other countries - with contracts for books to be published in two others - and has been in the bestseller lists of both Germany and Greece.