from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cardinal number equal to 17 + 1.
- n. The 18th in a set or sequence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cardinal number occurring after seventeen and before nineteen, represented in Roman numerals as XVIII and in Arabic numerals as 18.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Eight and ten.
- n. The number greater by a unit than seventeen; eighteen units or objects.
- n. A symbol denoting eighteen units, as 18 or xviii.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Eight more than ten, or one more than seventeen: a cardinal numeral.
- n. The sum of ten and eight, or seventeen and one.
- n. A symbol representing eighteen units, as 18, or XVIII, or xviii.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of seventeen and one
- adj. being one more than seventeen
Eleven times eighteen is 198. 37 times 463 is 17,131.
(“There is nothing about resilience that I can say that my father did not first utter silently in eighteen years of living inside a two-dimensional cutout of himself.”)
Which means that in eighteen days I have used the web more than most folks.
In the sixth year I increased the base of my pyramid, so that in eighteen months thereafter the height of my monument was fifty feet above the height of the island.
He left Sweden when he was eighteen, is now thirty-eight, and in all the intervening time has not been home once.
The hellish conditions - the worst snowstorms in eighteen years - are believed to be the first sign of the 'End of Days', as predicted in the Book of Daniel.
At this point, I've not had a genuine, full-blown "day off" in eighteen days, not since the 11th.
There was the Abyssinia, in eighteen ninety-two, when the master'd died of fever and the mates took to drinkin '-- "Go on!"
He said he wants to BEGIN to withdraw troops in eighteen months.
The Question of Bruno appeared on Best Books of 2000 lists nationwide, won several literary awards, and was published in eighteen countries.