from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Baseball A home run hit when three runners are on base.
- noun The set of major or most prestigious competitions in a sport, especially when won in a single season, as the Wimbledon, French Open, US Open, and Australian Open tournaments in tennis, or the Masters, US Open, British Open, and PGA Championship tournaments in golf.
- noun The winning of all the tricks during the play of one hand in bridge and other whist-derived card games.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun bridge The bid and
winningof all the tricksduring the play of one hand.
- noun sports The winning of all the
majoror specified events.
- noun baseball Hitting a
home runwhen the bases are loaded.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun winning all of the tricks in a hand of bridge
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.