from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The act of knocking out.
- noun The state of being knocked out.
- noun A blow that knocks out an opponent.
- noun A victory in boxing in which one's opponent is unable to rise from the canvas within a specified time after being knocked down or is judged too injured to continue.
- noun The act of winning a boxing match in this way.
- noun Slang A strikingly attractive or impressive person or thing.
- adjective Capable of knocking someone out.
- adjective Strikingly attractive or impressive.
- adjective Genetics Having a specific single gene inactivated or removed by genetic manipulation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Act of knocking out, or state of being knocked out; the act of rendering a person unconscious by a blow.
- noun a blow which causes a person to become unconscious.
- noun (Boxing) the winning of a boxing contest by rendering the opponent unable to stand for a specified period, usually a count of ten; -- in contrast to a win by a
- noun Informal a strikingly beautiful woman.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The act of making someone
unconscious, or at least unable to come back on their feet within a certain period of time; a TKO.
- noun The
- noun informal Something wildly
popular, entertaining, or funny.
- noun informal A very
attractiveperson, especially a beautifulwoman.
- noun A partially
punched openingmeant for optional later removal.
- noun genetics The
deactivationof a particular gene.
- noun genetics A creature
engineeredwith a particular gene deactivated.
- noun printing An event where a
foregroundcolor causes a backgroundcolor not to print.
- noun sports A
tournament, in which a team or player must beatthe opponent in order to progress to the next round.
- adjective Rendering someone unconscious.
- adjective Amazing;
- adjective genetics Designating an organism in which a particular
genehas been removed or deactivated.
- adjective Causing elimination from a competition
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective very strong or vigorous
- noun a very attractive or seductive looking woman
- noun a blow that renders the opponent unconscious
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From knock out.
Sorry, no example sentences found.