from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that clinches, as:
- n. A nail, screw, or bolt for clinching.
- n. A tool for clinching nails, screws, or bolts.
- n. Informal A point, fact, or remark that settles something conclusively; a decisive factor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which clinches; that which makes something final or firm.
- n. A tyre with a bead around the edge to attach to the rim of the wheel when inflated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, clinches; that which holds fast.
- n. That which ends a dispute or controversy; a decisive argument.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See clencher.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a point or fact or remark that settles something conclusively
- n. a tool used to clinch nails or bolts or rivets
- n. an argument that is conclusive
In the field, third baseman Adrian Morales made solid plays in the title clincher, outfielders Whit Merrifield, Evan Marzilli and Jackie Bradley Jr. tracked down everything.
Can't wait to see Ryan score the title clincher v Stoke in front of the Stretford End the week before he flies of to Madrid for the final. this is a big big game so I don't think he should start straight from injury, off the bench maybe .... you know give him a run out when we're 4-0 up: p
The lamb and chicken were as good as any cart in Midtown, and they had the requisite white and red sauces, but the real clincher is the fryer.
But the real deal clincher is that the event is sponsored by a lady called Dee Doocey (pictured), who is apparently a LibDem London Assembly Member.
On top of all that, the clincher is really the safety aspect.
NOTES: The Lakers have won Game 5 the last nine straight times they've reached it in a playoff series, including last season's title clincher over Orlando.
In the 7-0 title clincher against Eaton, Fultz fired a one-hitter and fanned 13.
The rotation also includes Tim Shibuya, who is 12-2 with a 1.95 ERA and 73 strikeouts in 111 innings; Guido Knudson (9-3, 4.09 ERA), who threw a complete-game in the NCAA West Region title clincher against Hawaii Pacific; and Kirby St. John (11-1, 3.92 ERA), who threw a complete game in the CCAA tournament championship.
Butler tries again for Horizon title clincher - The York Daily Record::
Butler tries again for Horizon title clincher:: Seattle Times