from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A grid of horizontal and vertical lines.
- n. (UK) Synonym for reticle
- n. The network of lines of latitude and longitude that make a up a coordinate system such as the one used on the Earth.
- n. A nearly square or nearly rectangular region created by a graticule.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A design or draught which has been divided into squares, in order to reproduce it in other dimensions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A design or draft divided into squares to facilitate copying.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a network of fine lines, dots, cross hairs, or wires in the focal plane of the eyepiece of an optical instrument
I have just learned via a MetaFilter post the word graticule, which is obscure enough that it's not in the American Heritage Dictionary.
The geohashing algorithm generates a point on the Earth within each square bordered by integer latitude and longitude lines (known as a graticule).
Nor does the clip look as if it originated from military equipment – you would normally expect to see embedded graticule markings, time stamps and other coding.
I once owned an oscilloscope which had a knob for graticule illumination: that controlled a light set into the side of a gridded green perspex cover over the screen proper.
Hence graticuled ppl. a., fitted with a graticule.
July 398/2 A graduation line is centred in the microscope eyepiece graticule.
Behind Sam's head the graticule of trees glowed with a fiery foliage, like a badly-printed colour photo with the red block out of register.
This sweep line supplies the extent parameters for a WMS GetProfileData request. private void CreateImages (object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) string colorization = "Elevation"; string filter = "All"; string graticule = "True"; string drapeline = "False"; double profileWidth = 300; double profileHeight = 500; double dx = 0; double dy = 0; double len = 0; double t = 0; string profileUrl = null;
The Settings of the MarbleWidget would need to default to some configuration that doesn't show all the planet-specific floatitems and properties (like the graticule, etc.)
PC oscilloscope softwareTriggered or by digital time base, for connecting to be isolated for the crt was very high voltage, on the interface graticule: marked on the electron guns the digital oscilloscopes have third and the coil.