from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A plan of a floor of a building drawn as if seen from overhead.
- n. A preliminary plan or strategy: the ground plan for an invasion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a plan of the ground floor of any building, or of any floor, as distinguished from an elevation or perpendicular section.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In architecture, the representation of the divisions of a building at the level of the surface of the ground; commonly, the plan of the lowest story above the cellar, though this is usually raised above the surface of the ground. Also ground-plot. Hence — 2. A first, general, or fundamental plan of any kind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a floor plan for the ground level of a building
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.