from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A one-room Navajo structure traditionally built with the entrance facing east, used as a dwelling or for ceremonial purposes. Early hogans were made of earth-covered poles, with later models often built of logs, stones, and other materials.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A one-room Navajo dwelling or ceremonial lodge, constructed of wood and earth and covered with mud.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An earth-covered Navajo lodge; it is traditionally built with the entrance facing east.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of strong liquor.
- n. A hut of the Navaho Indians, consisting of a conical framework covered with poles, bark, and earth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Navajo lodge covered with earth; traditionally built with the entrance facing east
- n. United States golfer who won many major golf tournaments (1912-1997)
November 24, 2008 at 11: 16 PM virgil will run again. hurt isn't ready for primetime, yet. clarke hogan is much more likely though in the event virgil doesn't run. in the end, it's tucker watkins 'pick to make.
Enter your name hogan scarpe June 23, 2010 at 8:42PM
Right-Wing Radio Host Offers Startling Revelation About Adolf Hitler's Gayness That Nobody Else Has Ever Heard Of | Indecision Forever | Political Humor, 2010 Election, and Satire Blog | Comedy Central
Enter your name hogan scarpe June 23, 2010 at 11:01PM
He built a 'hogan' to live in and is living the 'good life' on his Rancho Costa Nada.
All next day we travelled through a parched, monotonous landscape, now and then meeting Navajos with their flocks and herds, and passing by an occasional Navajo "hogan," or hovel-like house, with its rough corral near by.
Originally it had been a log "hogan," but a large adobe addition had been constructed for a store.
In the latest bit of right-wing lunacy on health care reform, RedState. com writer "hogan" brazenly compares health care reform bills to Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941 -- inanely adding that if health care reform passes, you can "say goodbye to freedom."
Whether at a powwow where men beat a drum in unison and chanted in Dine (the Navajo call themselves and their language Dine), joking with sheep farmers about Brokeback Mountain, admiring artisans 'textiles or bargaining over horses at Monument Valley, this sense of beauty, of ancient voices gathering, lingered.discovernavajo. com for information and to book a stay on site in a "hogan", an eight-sided traditional home, B&B or camp.
a log "hogan" made of _bois d'arc_ timber and cedar from the brakes.
Whether a Navajo land hogan or the Delta House of Blues, the Kalahari sand reveals one universe after another in its shape-shifting grains.