from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See link1.
- transitive v. To make a hypertext link in (an electronic document or file).
- intransitive v. To follow a hypertext link to an electronic document or file.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Some text or a graphic in an electronic document that can be activated to display another document or trigger an action.
- n. An address, URL, or program that defines a hyperlink's function.
- v. To point to another document by a hyperlink.
- v. To add a hyperlink to a document.
- v. To use a hyperlink to jump to a document.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a link from a hypertext file to another location or file; typically activated by clicking on a highlighted word or icon at a particular location on the screen
But this just brings up an enlarged version of the image; the title hyperlink is what will bring you to the full metadata.
However, oftentimes, the purpose of the hyperlink is difficult to determine.
The via whirlpool link for the Exetel hyperlink is a bit out of date.
Just a head's up ... the hyperlink is missing an 'h' at the beginning, so it's throwing up an error.
“The hyperlink is one of the most underappreciated inventions of the last century,” Mr. Kelly said.
The hyperlink is what made the web possible — it is for the Web what carbon is for carbon-based life-forms.
The lowly hyperlink is often overlooked as just a ‘feature’ of the Internet or the Web in particular.
BNA's Electronic Commerce & Law Report reports that a federal court in Utah has ruled that a mere hyperlink from the defendant's Web site was insufficient to establish personal jurisdiction over the defendant.
The Problem: Too many clicks to get a snippet 'and hyperlink from a (story within) RSS Reader (rojo in my case) into Flickr (for The Photos;) and then at least 3-4 more clicks in Blogger for editing, formatting + inserting hyperlinks.
Well tag it and hyperlink from the 404 page already.