from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A string that gathers or draws together a purse, a bag, or the like; a shirring-string.
- noun Nautical: A kind of small line made of rope-yarns twisted together, used for seizings or for hammock-clues. Formerly robbins for bending sails and reefpoints were sometimes made in this way.
- noun plural The halves of two adjoining yarns in a rope, twisted up together for pointing or grafting. Also written
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Prov. Eng. A string that draws together a purse or bag.
- noun (Naut.) See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun UK, dialect A
stringthat draws together a purseor bag.
- noun nautical Alternative form of
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Sorry, no example sentences found.