from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Spit; saliva.
- noun The frothy liquid secreted by the nymphs of froghoppers.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The mucous substance secreted by the salivary glands; saliva; saliva ejected from the mouth.
- To dig or stir with a small spade.
- noun The secretion surrounding the larva of a spittle-insect.
- noun A kind of small spade.
- noun A spadelike implement with a short handle, used in putting cakes into an oven.
- noun See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun obsolete See
- transitive verb Prov. Eng. To dig or stir with a small spade.
- noun Prov. Eng. A small sort of spade.
- noun The thick, moist matter which is secreted by the salivary glands; saliva; spit.
- noun (Zoöl.) See Cuckoo spit (b), under
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Spit, usually frothyand of a milky coloration.
- noun Something frothy and
whitethat resembles spit.
Spit-upor droolof an infant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a clear liquid secreted into the mouth by the salivary glands and mucous glands of the mouth; moistens the mouth and starts the digestion of starches
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
He bent over, wiping up some of the still wet spittle from the toe of his boot.
Complete with dilating eye and the spittle from the nostrils this was the moment in film history when anything a filmmaker could dream up was officially a possibility.
We are given Gold ones as really really IP's which means we'll be within spittle distance from the speakers.
Never would I have thought that you would see rank and file middle/upper middle class people praising and cheering the use of torture and celebrating bush’s ignorant incompetence, but all you had to do was offer them tax cuts, abd they obediently got into line cheering on or turning a blind eye to any number of evils and engaging in spittle flecked rages against Gore and Kerry in their zeal to serve the party.
For none shall own me but he, because his cheek is smooth and the water of his mouth sweet as Salsabil; 273 his spittle is a cure for the sick and his charms daze and dazzle poet and proser, even as saith one of him,
For none shall own me but he, because his cheek is smooth and the water of his mouth sweet as Salsabil; [FN#273] his spittle is a cure for the sick and his charms daze and dazzle poet and proser, even as saith one of him,
The salival glands are situated about the root of the tongue and angle of the jaw: they secrete the substance called saliva or spittle, which is discharged into the mouth.
The Cherokee Physician, or Indian Guide to Health, as Given by Richard Foreman, a Cherokee Doctor; Comprising a Brief View of Anatomy, With General Rules for Preserving Health without the Use of Medicines. The Diseases of the U. States, with Their Symptoms, Causes, and Means of Prevention, are Treated on in a Satisfactory Manner. It Also Contains a Description of a Variety of Herbs and Roots, Many of which are not Explained in Any Other Book, and their Medical Virtues have Hitherto been Unknown to the Whites; To which is Added a Short Dispensatory.
Get out your masks and TamiFlu everyone, cause he sprays a lot of spittle which is an excellent way of spreading contagion!
But I found myself asking, as I often do when my opinions garner the kind of spittle-flecked crazy talk that my end-of-year 'Worst' list did, what is it specifically about the internet that makes people jerks?
Salt is a chief necessary of life to an Easterner, whose food is mostly vegetable. the white -- literally, "spittle" (1Sa 21: 13), which the white of an egg resembles.