from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Vulgar Nasal mucus; phlegm.
- n. Slang Vulgar A person regarded as annoying, arrogant, or impertinent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Mucus, especially mucus from the nose.
- n. Contemptible child.
- v. To blow, wipe, or clear (the nose).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Mucus secreted in, or discharged from, the nose.
- n. A mean, insignificant fellow.
- transitive v. To blow, wipe, or clear, as the nose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nasal mucus.
- n. A low, mean fellow; a sneak; a snivel: used as a vague term of reproach.
- n. The snuff of a candle.
- To free from snot; blow or wipe (the nose).
- n. The first part of the shedding stage, in the soft crab industry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. nasal mucus
- n. a person regarded as arrogant and annoying
They were all telling me that this -- this animal can -- when it dries up, goes into a borough build him self in what they call a snot bubble.
But if in English "snot" is associated with disdain, in Russian сопли are associated with infantile behavior.
The pettiest thing I hate: children are little germ monsters and the snot is neverending and I hate it.
On a side note to Hugh Jackman …. any future attempts by your people that have you starring in roles where you cry so much snot is coming out your nose should be probably ignored.
Wiping snot is the bane of my existence all winter.
Why shoot something that kicks the ever-lovin 'snot out of you when a 6. 5x55, 7x57, 280 will effectively slay 90% of the game animals in North America?
I know, upside down with a head full of snot is not the most appealing thing.
And its impossible to sneeze with your eyes open … I dont really care, all I care about is not gettin snot everywhere. i'm a girl who is laughing Says:
| Reply fire burns things away and meteor does damage to everything, snot is as usfull as the other stuff
If I wasn't so lazy I'd link the word snot to another entry.